The Board Development Committee (BDC) is looking for members who are interested to serve on the Board of Directors and begin a two-year term in May 2017. We need the best skills, passion, and varied perspectives to build an energetic, inclusive, and strategic governing Board.
The deadline for submitting your nomination is January 17, 2017. (Nominations are now closed)
With a consideration of the holidays, this date allows time for the BDC to develop a single slate of candidates and inform them so they may plan to attend the election at the Annual Business Meeting on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
The ASPR Bylaws were updated (May 2016) in regards to how ASPR determines which position a board member will hold. This year, members will be elected to the Board by the membership to no specific position. The positions of President Elect, Treasurer, Secretary, and Vice Presidents will be decided among the Board following the election and then announced to the membership.
If serving on the ASPR Board of Directors interests you, please fill out the online Call for Nominations form below. Your thoughtful responses to the question posed on the form will be read carefully and will assist us in selecting the most appropriate, diverse, and strategic board possible.
A minimum of four in-person board weekends per year and attendance at the Annual Conference is expected. Your travel is covered by ASPR. Additionally, board members will have monthly committee and board work and can expect to participate in an average of 2 additional phone calls, during the work day, per month.
- ASPR member for a minimum of 3 years
- Active participation in ASPR (Committee, Chapter, Regional Group, etc.) during the last 12 months.
- Ability to travel for ASPR meetings and attend annual conference
- Minimum 5 years of physician recruitment & management experience
- Fellowship certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Served as a Board member or Committee Chair of ASPR, one of its Chapters or Board member of another nonprofit organization.
Board Nomination Form is closed.