The benchmarking report is a downloadable .pdf document that includes a detailed analysis of each section of the benchmarking survey as submitted by in-house physician recruiters nationally. The Benchmarking Report includes the following sections:
- Contact: Contact information for the person completing the survey and the person who will receive the final report.
- Demographics: Basic information about your organization, your department, and your work as a whole.
- Recruiter Profile: Information regarding title, education, experience, certifications, etc. on each member of the recruitment department including non-recruiters.
- Recruitment Compensation: Information regarding compensation (base and bonus) for each member of the department. NOTE: Compensation data is collected directly from the organization’s HR representative.
- Expenses: Information in this section is intended to capture all costs associated with development or management of an organization’s in-house recruitment department. Because of this, you should include expenses charged back to internal departments, but exclude fees charged to practices not owned by the reporting organization. It is designed to allow entry directly from the annual budget.
- Searches: Information specific to each search you worked on during the year, such as specialty, population, number of applicants, the current status of the search, etc.
Download a list of current Survey Questions
Searchable Results is an interactive tool that allows users to select specific data sets, compare, and download into a spreadsheet.
- Compare national, regional, population specific, and organization specific data.
- Filter data to create custom reports based on your specific parameters.
- View snapshots of key industry indicators.
- View trends over time of key benchmarks
- Access a compensation calculator to predict compensation.
- Export data for report generation or quick chart creation in Excel.
Watch a webinar on how to use Searchable Results
Organizational Benchmarking Report
The Organization Benchmarking Report (OBR) is available exclusively to Benchmarking Survey participants. The OBR a customized report displaying the participant's organizational data side-by-side with:
- All participants nationally
- Those in the same geographic region
- Those in like-sized populations
- Those with a similar number of employed physicians
- Those with similarly sized recruitment departments
Data and reports, in all formats, are copyrighted by the Association of Staff Physician Recruiters (ASPR). Reports and data may not be copied, shared, accessed, or distributed to other parties without the written permission from ASPR. ASPR data may be cited/referenced utilizing the following language,
“Data obtained from the (insert appropriate year) ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Report.”
To ensure confidentiality and maintain compliance with Anti-Trust and Safe Harbor guidelines, the survey is conducted, results compiled, and portal hosted by Industry Insights, an independent professional research and consulting firm. For more information about this project, Industry Insights, or its services, please contact: Scott A. Hackworth, CPA, Senior Vice President at (614) 389-2100, ext 105.