2016 ASPR CFP
April 21- April 25, 2018
Sheraton Grand Chicago | Chicago, IL
Submissions are now closed.
Thank you for responding to the 2018 ASPR Call for Presentations. All submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the ASPR Annual Conference Committee for content and learning methodologies that will assure balanced, high- level engagement from our participants.
What ASPR is Seeking
Annual Conference sessions are designed to provide strategies, practical tips, and tools for improving processes and operations within the in-house physician recruitment and retention profession, and to stretch the participant in new strategic directions. ASPR has found that the most well-received sessions have an interactive component, so we encourage you to develop presentations that do not rely solely on a lecture. In addition to question-and-answer portions, speakers should consider methods to engage the attendees or promote active participation.
The theme of this year’s conference is Transform. This theme signifies the many forces happening in the staff physician recruiter’s world today:
- Transformation of the external healthcare environment with the potential for broad sweeping legislative change
- Transformation of work environments
- Transformation of the individual through knowledge acquisition and career development (the “macro” to the “micro”)
The following conference tracks have been developed to address the learning pathways of individuals at various stages of their career:
ASPR is looking for in-depth discussions and presentations on timely topics with content designed to expand upon learning versus general overviews. ASPR is also interested in proposals for plenary sessions that all can attend. The goal is to provide breakout sessions with learning content which applies to attendees at every career stage. ASPR is looking for presentations which will stretch learning to a more advanced level.
Most sessions will be allotted approximately 60 minutes per session, inclusive of speaker introduction and Q&A. Sessions should incorporate multiple learning tools which may include PowerPoint presentations, audio, interactive audience exercises, case studies, etc.
ASPR is also considering offering presentations which can be delivered in smaller, shorter segments that provide quick learning opportunities, in 20 minutes or less. In the Call for Presentations form indicate if the timing of your session is flexible to this format.
Annual Conference Content
ASPR has conducted significant research into the learning and content needs of its members. When analyzing relevant content, the research identified content areas that are critical to their professional development, also identifying knowledge gaps. Presentations which address these content areas will be a priority when evaluating proposals for the 2018 conference.
- Recruit, Screen, and Source for the Right Candidate
- Developing practice profiles
- Multi-specialty group recruitment
- Rural recruitment
- Primary care recruitment
- Navigating the world of academics
- Leveraging social media
- Physician immigration / is this a viable option for your practice?
- Advanced Practice Provider Recruitment
- APP specialty areas of clinical training and certifications
- APP utilization, maximize your investment
- Best Practices in Onboarding Physicians and APPs
- Provider engagement from onboarding to retention
- Creating a process that works for your facility
- Compensation and Benefits of Physicians and APPs
- Compensation benefits of physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs)
- Develop a compensation program for providers
- Methodology for payment of providers
- Legal Issues Around Contracting with and Hiring Physicians and APPs (including relocation agreements)
- Legal updates in health care
- Vendor contracting and management
- Locums and search firm agreements
- Contract negotiations
- Develop and Manage a Provider Recruitment Department
- How to build and grow a department
- Medical staff development planning process, including justification for hiring and creating position description
- Budgeting and finances for the physician recruitment department
- How to determine the right staffing ratios
- Leading through conflict
- Having difficult/crucial conversations
- Using technology for recruiting – problems and solutions
- Executive coaching
- Pitching ideas
- Making presentations
Five Fast Facts
Each submission is required to have an outline of “Five Fast Facts” with your proposal. The purpose of “Five Fast Facts” is to assist ASPR with promoting sessions effectively and creating smaller segments of learning opportunities.
“Five Fast Facts” are not learning objectives, but five pieces of content that can be used before, during, and after the ASPR Annual Conference.
Example of what a “Five Fast Facts” looks like:
- 63% of physicians are unsure about their future in the profession
- 54% of physicians have negative morale
- Physician engagement and resilience is lowest among physicians ages 30-39 i.e. the new to practice group
- Actively engaging physicians and ACPs has reduced turnover and increased engagement
- Co-leadership model ensures administration and clinical leadership have the same level of authority
The Review Process
ASPR’s Annual Conference Committee will be reviewing presentations. When selecting topics and speakers, the Annual Conference Committee will be asking the question, “How can ASPR members use this information when they return to their jobs after the conference?” Throughout the evaluation process, reviewers will use the following criteria:
- Practical applications of material
- Relevance to physician recruitment or retention
- Timeliness and innovation of topic
- Specificity of content
- Clarity of objectives
- Overall quality and focus
- Sophistication level of subject matter
- Expertise of presenter(s)
- Lack of commercial bias
- Inclusion of Five Fast Facts
How to Submit
- Presentations must be submitted online via the ASPR website (in form below)
- Presentations must be received by the close of business (5:00 p.m. Eastern) Wednesday 27, 2017.
- Receipt notification will be sent via email.
- A member of the Conference Planning Committee may contact you to discuss learning objectives, course content, and presentation materials.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by October 27, 2017.
- Upon acceptance, ASPR will provide you with our speaker remuneration policy. This policy is currently under review.
Please feel free to contact ASPR Deputy Director Susan Motley with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-830-ASPR.