Time: 10:00 a.m. PT / Noon CT / 1:00 pm ET
Presenters: Bob Collins, Managing Partner, The Medicus Firm
1.5 hours CE credit
As the healthcare industry evolves post-reform, physicians’ practices and careers shift too – among the change are reimbursement models, organizational structures, and evolving roles among non-physician providers on the healthcare team. Employers and/or recruiter of physicians must accurately identify, attract, hire, and retain the right physicians who will adapt and thrive in your particular organization and environment. Physician phone screens and onsite meetings are valuable tools to gather critical information about each candidate. By asking targeted behavioral interview and screening questions, the leadership/recruiting team can obtain a comprehensive understanding of what makes this candidate “tick”, and what s/he needs to succeed and achieve his/her own career goals within the organization.
- What questions do you ask on your interview currently? How well do they uncover potential issues?
- How do you assess candidates’ non-clinical core competencies? (and what is most important to assess, and how?)
- How do you determine whether or not this physician will succeed with your healthcare and delivery model?
- What is the candidate’s approach to medical treatment? What’s his/her level of understanding of the business of healthcare?
- How will you identify and address each physician’s strengths & weaknesses during the initial employment period? Are the candidate’s weaknesses prohibitive to hiring?
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Personally conduct a thorough formal behavioral interview to assess a candidate’s strengths and weaknesses, and determine how he or she will fit into the organization long-term.
- Utilize detailed interview questions to assess candidates’ fit for the organization, particularly his/her soft skills, appropriate management style, leadership qualities if applicable, conflict resolution, adaptability, business acumen, ability to work as part of a team, and work style.
- Utilize the phone screen and on-site interview process to evaluate candidates’ non-clinical core competencies
Bob Collins has been providing clients with recruitment strategy advice and consultation since 1989. He oversees all physician recruitment activities for The Medicus Firm. In addition, he personally conducts physician executive searches and academic leadership searches. Based in Austin, Texas, Mr. Collins co-founded Medicus Partners (established 2001), which merged into The Medicus Firm in 2009. Prior to this, Mr. Collins held highly respected positions within the industry, including Senior Executive Recruiter for Dell Computer Corporation where he was responsible for the recruitment of executives for their health care vertical. As a noted authority on medical staffing, Mr. Collins serves as a guest speaker for U.S. medical schools and residencies. His ideas, expertise, and perspectives on physician staffing have been published in media outlets such as Modern Healthcare, Medical Economics, and Health Leaders and has served on the Education Committee for the National Association of Physician Recruiters.
Mr. Collins earned his B.B.A. in finance from the University of North Texas. He is on the Board of Directors for the Travis County Center for Child Protection, a children's advocacy center and he serves on the strategic planning and finance committees. He has also actively participated in the Mentor Program for Round Rock I.S.D. and Leander I.S.D. since 2007. Bob and his wife Stephanie live in Austin and together have 3 children. He enjoys playing golf, exercising and traveling and watching their children play sports and cheer.
- Internet Connection (Minimum: 56k modem, Recommended: wired ethernet connection or better)
- Adobe Flash Player(many people will already have this installed. If you don't please download it at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP)