Time: 10:00 a.m. PT / Noon CT / 1:00 pm ET
Presenter: Iris Grimm, BalancedPhysician.com
1.5 hours CE credit
Disruptive physician behavior is a common problem in healthcare organizations that costs millions of dollars each year. A survey by the American College of Physician Executives revealed that about 95 percent of physicians who manage hospitals, group practices and clinics said they have to deal with such disruptive physician behavior on a regular basis. Fortunately, a lot of it can be prevented or alleviated with the right approach, tools, and awareness. In this webinar learn the 3 sources of disruptive behavior and 5 solutions that you can apply with physicians to support them in their role and minimize damage to the organization.
During this educational program, you will learn and discuss:
- The “coach” perspective of working with physicians who have been labeled disruptive
- Three sources of disruptive behavior
- Five solutions to support physicians to alleviate (or treat) disruptive behavior
Iris Grimm is founder of BalancedPhysician.com. From on-boarding and physician leadership to work-life balance and emotional intelligence, the Balanced Physician programs focus on the personal and professional development of physicians and their relationship with staff, peers and patients. For over nine years, Iris has successfully coached hundreds of physicians working within all specialties in both hospitals and smaller medical practices.
Iris's advice has appeared in numerous publications including The Hospitalists, Atlanta Hospital News, American Medical News and their accompanying national XM radio broadcast. She is also one of the leading contributors of "Adventures in Medicine: The Resident's Guide to Life and Practice".
You can read more information about Iris and her programs at www.BalancedPhysician.com and you find case studies at balancedphysician.com/case-studies/.
- Internet Connection (Minimum: 56k modem, Recommended: wired ethernet connection or better)
- Adobe Flash Player(many people will already have this installed. If you don't please download it at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP)