Welcome new ASPR chapters:
NWSPR and TexASPR
By Maddie Wagner, FASPR, Communications and Marketing Coordinator, ASPR, St. Paul, MN
ASPR is pleased to announce that two new chapters have been formed – Northwest Staff Physician Recruiters (NWSPR) and Texas Association of Physician Recruiters (TexASPR). We are excited to welcome both chapters to ASPR as we enter 2014!
NWSPR, originally a regional group, has had several conversations over the years with the ASPR Chapter and Regional Relations Committee about becoming an official chapter. This past year, dialogue became more serious and NWSPR decided to make the leap. This regionally focused chapter provides its members the opportunity to network and discuss issues that are pertinent in their area. NWSPR membership is open to in-house physician recruiters in the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming.
- Congratulations to the new members of the NWSPR leadership team:
- President: Graciela Villanueva, Yakima Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima, WA
- Vice President: Tracy Barton, Franciscan Health System, Tacoma, WA
- Secretary-Treasurer: Julie Chavez, Kadlec Health System, Richland, WA
TexASPR only started discussions with the ASPR Chapter and Regional Relations Committee Chairs last year, but they are now an official chapter. TexASPR is dedicated to providing its members the opportunity to network and exchange ideas on the best practices of recruiting physicians and advanced practice professionals in Texas.
"Fueled by our combined industry knowledge and professional experiences, TexASPR supports members in the creation of valuable recruitment strategies that can be implemented in their local institutions and industry wide,” said Kay Wysong, TexASPR President. TexASPR has formed several committees to focus on issues that are specific to in-house physician recruiters in Texas. Membership is open to in-house physician recruiters in the state of Texas.
Congratulations to the new members of the TexASPR leadership team:
- President: Kay Wysong, Methodist Health System, Dallas, TX
- Vice President: Debbie Brimer, Cook Children’s Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX
- Secretary: Vicki Finnell, United Regional Health Care System, Wichita Falls, TX
- Treasurer: Kelly Fortney, Covenant Medical Group, Lubbock, TX
Annual membership dues for NWSPR and TexASPR are $50. Members of ASPR chapters receive a $50 discount* off annual membership dues which are currently $275. You may join a chapter at any time and your chapter membership dues won’t be due until your ASPR annual membership renews.
Join a chapter today!
* Only one $50 chapter discount will be offered per ASPR member and this discount cannot be combined with Group Membership Discounts.