Several PowerPoint presentations are available to make the process of educating residents and fellows easier. The following presentation was created by ASPR specifically for the use of ASPR Members and to serve as a global overview of the job search process. The presentation was compiled from several member presentations. ASPR would like to acknowledge and thank the following organizations that contributed to the development of this presentation:
- Baystate Health
- Bright Health Physicians of PIH
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Dean Clinic
- The Nebraska Medical Center
- Upstate New York Physician Recruiters
ASPR is making this comprehensive presentation available for the use of our members. By downloading this presentation, you agree that the content of this presentation will not be altered in anyway. The ASPR logo must remain on the presentation. There is a designated location for you to add your organization’s logo on the title page alongside the ASPR logo.
The Successful Job Search: From Preparation to Closing the Deal
This presentation covers the following topics:
- Timelines – When Do I Start Looking?
- Self-Assessment – What Do I Want?
- In-House v. Recruitment Firms
- Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter
- Identifying Job Opportunities
- And The Search Begins!
- The Interview – Tips and Expectations
- Compensation and Benefits
- Contracts and Negotiation
This presentation is lengthy, so you may want to consider offering the education in three separate sessions. By doing so, you also create an opportunity to have additional face to face contact with residents and fellows. For your convenience, we have provided the presentation in three separate presentations if you wish to do a series of presentations: