January 3, 2012
2011 Year in Review
Happy New Year! We’re looking forward to another productive year in 2012. Last year was an amazing year for ASPR. Here are some of the highlights from 2011:
ASPR strives to bring you exceptional value for your membership dollars and to be your “Go To” resource for all of your educational and networking needs. We hope that you will continue to take full advantage of your member benefits to help advance your career as an in-house physician recruitment professional.
- Attained record membership with 1,137 members at year’s end
- Gained 12 new Corporate Contributors to help financially support our organization
- Record attendance was achieved at the Annual Conference in Chicago with almost 500 attendees
- Free monthly webinar series began in June (all are available on demand)
- ASPR website upgrade provided improved navigation and additional features including the new Vendor Resource Guide and Residency Education Tools
- New Call for Proposals process was implemented allowing for a systematic approach to speaker selection
- Fellowship Committee updated program presentations and has begun re-writing the exams
- Benchmarking Committee transitioned our survey to a new format with analyzable data and individual Organization Benchmarking Reports
- ASPR Weekly was launched in May providing increased communication with membership
- Increased social media presence resulted in a 67% increase in website hits with three times as many referrals coming from Facebook and LinkedIn compared to the previous year
- New membership, benchmarking, and fellowship brochures were developed to help market ASPR
- New membership categories and group membership discounts were implemented
Call for Speakers: Deadline January 27
The Call for Presentations for the 2012 Annual Conference is open and the Education Committee is looking forward to receiving many proposals from our members this year. Topics for proposals are listed in the Call for Presentations and fall into three Learning Tracks: Marketing and Sourcing, Trends in Healthcare/Health Policy, and Adding Value…Other Duties as Assigned.
Proposals must be submitted online via the ASPR website by the close of business (5:00 p.m. CST) Friday, January 27, 2012. Please feel free to contact ASPR Executive Director, Jennifer Metivier, FASPR, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-830-ASPR.
Benchmarking Survey: Time to Participate
Wonder how your salary compares to other in-house physician recruiters?
Ever wish you knew how long it took everyone else to recruit a Urologist?
Wonder how everyone is sourcing their candidates?
Here is your chance to find out!
We invite you to participate in the 2012 ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Survey! The survey will help answer these questions and many more…
The ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Survey provides credible industry data for the in-house physician recruitment profession. The survey data will show national industry trends and how you compare to others with respect to recruiter compensation, services offered, and overall performance.
Data collection began on December 1 and will continue through the end of February. We need your participation! Everyone who participates will receive a free copy of the results and access to the analyzable data ($300 value) and a chance to win an iPad2!
Visit www.aspr.org/benchmarking to participate.
January Webinar — First impressions Are Lasting Impressions: Is Your Onboarding Program Leaving the Impression You Desire?
Register today for this free webinar being held on January 25 at Noon CST.
Speakers: Donna Ecclestone, FASPR, Assistant Director of Physician Integration at Duke Medical Center and Gina Truhe, AASPR, Onboarding Specialist at HealthQuest
As recruiters, you help create the first impression a candidate has of your organization. You work hard to make that impression accurate, informative, and customer service based. But unfortunately, that impression can quickly change if the transition to practice does not go smoothly. When onboarding is not done well, the new physician may question their decision and could potentially start looking for a new position within months of starting. What can you do? Don’t worry! Help is on its way in this webinar. We will review the critical role recruiters play in the onboarding process and discover some key, easy strategies you can implement to enhance the onboarding program at your organization.
Participants will learn and discuss:
- Onboarding basics
- Differences between onboarding and orientation
- Recruiter’s role in onboarding
- Practical ways to enhance onboarding at your organization
- Onboarding resources/ websites
Congratulations to ASPR’s Newest Fellow
Congratulations to Laura Blake, FASPR, from WVU Healthcare in Morgantown, WV who just became certified in November as a Fellow of the Association of Staff Physician Recruiters (FASPR)!
Welcome New Corporate Contributor
The growth and success of ASPR is attributable in large part to the support of ASPR’s Corporate Contributors. Please join us in welcoming our newest Gold Corporate Contributor, DocCafe.com and if you do business with them, please thank them for their support. When you have a need for products or services, please consider our Corporate Contributors, many of which offer ASPR Member discounts.