January 17, 2012
Present at the 2012 ASPR Annual Conference – Proposals Due January 27
Are you interested in presenting at the 2012 ASPR Annual Conference? Submit your proposal today! Here are just some of the topics that the ASPR Education Committee is looking for presentations on:
Full details are included in the Call for Presentations. Proposals must be submitted online via the ASPR website by the close of business (5:00 p.m. Eastern) Friday, January 27, 2012. Please feel free to contact ASPR Executive Director, Jennifer Metivier, FASPR, with any questions at email@example.com or at 800-830-ASPR.
- Academic recruiting
- Building relationships with residency programs
- Issues and trends for multi-specialty groups
- Rural community centers and critical access hospital recruitment
- Recruiting on a shoestring budget – resources and success stories
- Physician recognition strategies
Participate in the 2012 Benchmarking Survey – Save $300
Why should you participate in the 2012 ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Survey?
- Access to the final report, searchable results, and Organizational Benchmarking Report is FREE to all who participate (savings of $300)
- Searchable results will allow you to create customized data slices from nationwide data that can be exported for use in presentations and reports.
- Customized Organizational Benchmarking Report compares your data to others nationally.
- A place to house your historical data and roll-over previous year’s data into the next survey.
- A chance to win a free iPad2 for completing the survey!
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to contribute to the industry’s only independent survey of in-house physician recruitment professionals. Greater participation rates provide increased usefulness and significance to the data for your individual organization and to the healthcare industry at large.
The 2012 ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Survey is now open and will continue through February 29. Participate today at http://www.asprbenchmarking.com!
Committee Co-Chair Updates
We have a few committee co-chair updates to announce. Please join us in welcoming ASPR’s newest committee co-chairs into their leadership role. Thank you for stepping up and volunteering as a leader for our organization!
- Ivie Hall, Membership & Marketing Committee
- Ann Homola, Membership & Marketing Committee
- Joelle Hennesey, Education Committee
- Allen Kram, Education Committee
On behalf of ASPR membership, we’d like to thank the following outgoing committee co-chairs for their dedication and service to our organization:
- Rich Lynch, Membership & Marketing Committee
- Eric Martin, Membership & Marketing Committee
- Marlene Yates, Education Committee
- Mary Lu Leatherman, Education Committee
ASPR could not be the amazing association that it is without our dedicated member volunteers. The ASPR Board of Directors and committee co-chairs volunteer countless hours as leaders of the organization providing strategic direction and program implementation. The time, effort, and dedication of our leaders are evidenced by the many valuable programs and benefits that provide professional growth opportunities for our members.
January Webinar: First impressions Are Lasting Impressions - Is Your Onboarding Program Leaving the Impression You Desire?
Date: January 25, 2012
Time: 11:00 am PT / 1:00 pm CT / 2:00 pm ET
Presenters: Donna Ecclestone, FASPR, Associate Director, Physician Integration, Duke Medical Center, and Gina Truhe, AASPR, Onboarding Specialist, HealthQuest
Cost: Members/Free; Non-members/$99
1.5 hours CE credit
Details and Online Registration
As recruiters, you help create the first impression a candidate has of your organization. You work hard to make that impression accurate, informative, and customer service based. But unfortunately, that impression can quickly change if the transition to practice does not go smoothly. When onboarding is not done well, the new physician may question their decision and could potentially start looking for a new position within months of starting. What can you do? Don’t worry! Help is on its way in this webinar. We will review the critical role recruiters play in the onboarding process and discover some key, easy strategies you can implement to enhance the onboarding program at your organization.
Participants will learn and discuss:
- Onboarding basics
- Differences between onboarding and orientation
- Recruiter’s role in onboarding
- Practical ways to enhance onboarding at your organization
- Onboarding resources/ websites
Question of the Week: Does Your Organization Offer Stipends to Final Year Residents?
This week’s Question of the Week is: Does your organization offer stipends to final year residents as an incentive to gain an early commitment?
- I don't know
Thank you to all of you who participated in last week’s “Question of the Week”. There were 59 respondents and the results of the survey were:
How much does your organization offer for physician relocation assistance (average or typical amount)?
5%: Nothing, we don’t offer relocation assistance as a recruitment incentive
2%: Less than $5,000
32%: Between $5,000 and $9,999
56%: Between $10,000 and $14,999
3%: Between $15,000 and $19,999
0%: Between $20,000 and $24,999
2%: $25,000 or more
View ASPR Weekly Archive