March 6, 2012
Benchmarking Survey: 9 Days Left!
Ever Wonder How Your Compensation Compares to Your Peers?
Compensation information and much more can be available at your fingertips if you participate in the 2012 ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Survey! Compensation is only one piece of this important Survey – participate today and gain free access to important statistics on the number of searches conducted per recruiter, time to fill positions, interview to hire ratios, successful sourcing methods, and much more!
The 2012 ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Survey has been extended through March 15.
Participate today at www.asprbenchmarking.com!
JASPR Feature: Integrating Physician Recruitment and Physician Relations
By Allison McCarthy, Principal, Barlow/McCarthy, Plymouth, MA
Doing more with less has become the norm. Even before this recent economic slump, we in healthcare learned long ago to live with shrinking resources. Declining reimbursement and increasing costs have become a way of life. So it's no surprise that we continuously get asked to do more with less — or assume more responsibility without additional resources.
The need to attend to key physician relationships is becoming increasingly important as the payers require more interdependence through reform and new global payment structures. In this environment, past success is no longer an indicator of future outcomes. Rather, navigating these new waters requires a higher level of attention to those in the boat — ensuring that everyone is rowing in the same direction.
Annual Conference Sneak Peeks
The 2012 ASPR Annual Conference will be held August 11-15 at the JW Marriott at LA Live in Los Angeles, CA. Our theme this year is Mission
imPossible: Recruiting the Stars of Tomorrow. Here are a few sneak peeks at our keynote and plenary speakers:
Monday’s keynote speaker will be Cy Wakeman. Cy is a dynamic, well-respected national keynote speaker, workshop facilitator and trainer who helps individuals and organizations recreate their mindsets so they can achieve results beyond their wildest dreams. Her unique programs help to develop and build successful leaders and teams.
Nationally known healthcare futurists David Houle and Jonathan Fleece, co-authors of “The New Health Age: the Future of Health Care in America,” will be Tuesday morning’s keynote speakers. They will speak on the future of healthcare in America and will address dynamic physician and healthcare trends.
Wednesday will kick off with healthcare humorist, David Glickman. David has appeared on “Evening At The Improv” and several other national television shows; he has been the opening act for stars such as The Beach Boys, Engelbert Humperdinck, Ellen DeGeneres, Ray Romano, and has performed at Gloria Estefan’s birthday party.
As you plan your travel itinerary, please keep in mind that the Physician Recruitment 201 Module will be offered on Saturday, August 11, the Physician Recruitment 101 and 301 Modules will be offered on Sunday, and the main conference will be held Monday through Wednesday with the programs wrapping up by Noon on Wednesday. Registration fees are now posted on the website.
Registration is expected to open in late April. Keep your eyes peeled for additional details on the educational sessions, speakers, and events!
Resource Library: New Additions
The ASPR Resource Library has many valuable offerings including sample policies, procedures, letters, forms, and presentations. Resources on topics such as onboarding and retention programs, sourcing and advertising strategies, candidate screening, immigration, relocation, and benchmarking are among the many that you’ll find accessible at your fingertips. Many new additions have been made to the Resource Library in recent weeks, so take a moment to pop in and peruse! Thank you to all of you who have made contributions to the Library!
Here is a listing of some of the recent additions:
- Private Clinic Recruitment Agreement (From Selina Irby, Bozeman Deaconess Hospital), March 2012
- Form: Position
Profile (From Don Rainwater, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, New England Region), March 2012
- Standards of Performance (From
Kelsey Smith, Grady Memorial), February 2012
- Identification Badge and Access Control Policy (From Barbara Fleeman, Swedish American), February 2012
- Relocation Guidelines for New Physicians (From Kathie Sinclair, St. Francis Medical Group), February 2012
- Form: New Provider Notification Form (From Gina Truhe, Health Quest), February 2012
- Physician Relocation Policy (From Nilu Patel, NorthShore University HealthSystem Medical Group), Febaury 2012
- Physician Relocation Reimbusement Guidelines (From Nilu Patel, NorthShore University HealthSystem Medical Group), Febaury 2012
- Onboarding Checklist, January 2012
- Announcement Email Example, January 2012
- New Hire Feeback Survey, January 2012
- Orientation Checklist (HealthQuest), January 2012
- Samply Itenerary, January 2012
- Welcome Letter (Health Quest), January 2012
- Contract - Physician Sample Neutered, January 2012
- Evaluation Form, January 2012
- Mentoring Booklet, January 2012
- Two Week Survey (Health Quest), January 2012
- Six Month Survey (Health Quest), January 2012
- 2011 MHA Resident Survey, January 2012
- Onboarding Checklist, January 2012
- Form: CV Template for Physicians, January 2012
- Phone Interview Form, January 2012
- Department of Physician Recruitment Brochure (Cleveland Clinic), January 2012
ASPR March Webinar: Developing a Successful Physician Mentor Program
Register today for this free webinar being held on March 28 at Noon CST.
Date: March 28, 2012
Time:10:00 am PT / 12:00 pm CT / 1:00 pm ET
Presenters: Debbie Gleason, FASPR, Physician Development Administrator, The Nebraska Medical Center,
and Lee Meyer, Manager of Physician Recruitment & Credentialing, Dreyer Medical Clinic
Cost: Members/Free; Non-members/$99
1.5 hours CE credit
Details and Online Registration
Is it time to develop a physician mentor program as part of your retention initiatives? Successful mentoring programs require proper understanding, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This webinar will address how to clearly define the goals of a physician mentor program and provide you with recommendations on what to do (and not do) in order to develop a successful program. Our speakers will address how to anticipate and overcome obstacles that could cause the program to fail such as lack of participation, no leadership involvement, unrealistic expectations, etc. Case studies will be presented to provide you with concrete ideas and examples to give you a jump start on developing your own physician mentor program.
Question of the Week
We are looking for a few more respondents for the following question: When making the decision on when to use an outside recruitment firm for assistance, who makes the decision at your organization?
- Physician Recruiter/Physician Recruitment Department level
- Department Chair/Hiring physician level
- Vice President/CEO level
- Not applicable – we never use outside recruitment assistance
Answer the Question of the Week
View ASPR Weekly Archive