October 9, 2012
2012 ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Report Highlights
Access to the 2012 ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Report and Executive Summary are available on the ASPR website. As the largest survey of its kind, the Report provides mission-critical recruitment data to help refine processes and improve planning to meet the increasingly competitive demand for top provider talent. Here are some highlights from the Report:
- 156 organizations participated (data for 318 in-house physician recruiters and 4,807 active searches)
- Top searches:
- Primary Care
- FP, Hospitalists, NP, PA, and IM
- EM, OB/GYN, Psychiatry, Cardiology, and General Surgery
- Searches and outcomes (medians provided):
- 25 searches were performed per organization
- 28 physicians participated in site visits/interviews
- 18 offers were extended to physicians
- 12 offers were accepted
- 51% of searches were filled (down from 60% in 2011); 42% remained open; 5% cancelled; 2% put on hold
- Median days to fill positions increased for both primary care and specialty searches, but did not increase for advanced practice provider searches
- 6% physician turnover rate (consistent with 2011)
- Cost of search increased by 15% over 2011
- Internet Job Boards and Referrals were the most frequently cited source types used to fill positions
- Median number of employed physician recruiters per organization: 1.5 (average of 2.7)
- Average number of active searches: 15 (up from 13 in 2011)
- Larger organizations with 3 recruiters: average of 23 searches
If you participated in the 2012 Benchmarking Survey, you have free access to the Report, your unique Organization Benchmarking Report, and the searchable results. If you did not participate this year, you may purchase the Report and access to the searchable data. The 2013 ASPR In-House Physician Recruitment Benchmarking Survey will open in January 2013, so keep your eyes and ears open for more details!
Access the Executive Summary, Final Report and Searchable Results
Congratulations to New ASPR Fellows
Congratulations to the following ASPR members for recently becoming certified as Fellows of ASPR (FASPRs)!
- Maddie Wagner, The Reading Hospital, Reading, PA
- Aaron Fleck, INTEGRIS Physicians Services, Oklahoma City, OK
- Lauren Beckstrom, Fairview Health Systems, St. Paul, MN
- Kristi Herrmann, Loma Linda University Health Care, Loma Linda, CA
- Robin Schiffer, MedCentral Health System, Mansfield, OH
- Maura Teynor, MedCentral Health System, Mansfield, OH
As a certified Fellow of ASPR (FASPR), you demonstrate to peers, employers, and physicians your commitment to continuing education and excellence in the discipline of physician recruitment.
Are you interested in becoming certified as a FASPR? ASPR’s Fellowship Program is the most comprehensive, authoritative resource for individuals seeking to develop and test their skills and knowledge within a broad spectrum of topics including physician/provider recruitment, onboarding and retention, human resources, and relevant legal issues.
Whether you are new to in-house physician recruitment or a seasoned veteran, there’s tremendous value in attaining Fellowship certification. We’ll provide an in-depth view of recruiting basics such as sourcing, screening, and interviewing, as well as delve deeply into more advanced topics such as interpreting benchmarking metrics and understanding/ implementing medical staff development plans. This cost effective and affordable program provides invaluable first-hand information taught by experienced experts and provides you with resources, best practices, and cutting edge training specific to in-house physician recruitment professionals.
Learn more about the ASPR Fellowship Certification Program
ASPR Physician Job Board – Post Your Jobs Today
Did you know that ASPR has a Physician Job Board with more than 8,000 physician jobs currently posted? The ASPR Physician Job Board receives an average of 200 hits per month! The job board is powered by PracticeLink. The jobs posted on the ASPR Physician Job Board are only those of ASPR members (it is a separate database from the main PracticeLink database).
As an ASPR Member, you may post your physician jobs for FREE on the ASPR Physician Job Board! If you’re already a client of PracticeLink, your jobs are automatically posted on the ASPR Physician Job Board by PracticeLink (contact your Sales Rep with questions). If you’re not a current PracticeLink client, you can have your jobs posted to the ASPR Physician Job Board by contacting Tammy Hager at email@example.com.
Who Says You Shouldn’t Be a Follower?
This time it’s good to follow the crowd. Get social with ASPR! Like us, connect with us, tweet with us!
- “Like” us on Facebook for important ASPR news, events, and status updates
- Connect with us on LinkedIn to stay on top of what’s going on at ASPR and in the field of in-house physician recruitment.
- Tweet with us on Twitter @ASPR1990. The 1990 is in honor of the year we were founded.
ASPR will be tweeting and providing Facebook and LinkedIn updates from Los Angeles throughout the Annual Conference. If you were in LA, post your pictures and your updates about what happened. Be sure to tag ASPR in your Facebook pictures! Follow us to stay abreast of all the happenings going on with ASPR.
View ASPR Weekly Archive