ASPR President Elect Position Description
Function: Strategic & Operations
Role: President Elect
Responsibilities: Strategic Planning; Business Development; Mission, Vision, and Values
The President Elect accepts the position as ASPR president after a two year term as President Elect. President Elect performs duties assigned by the President. The President Elect acts a voting member of the board and as a representative for the overall ASPR membership.
Reports directly to the Board of Directors and the membership of ASPR
Initial two year term, automatically followed by a two year Presidency term
Ensures organizational success through appropriate oversight of strategic objectives, business development opportunities, and alignment to the Mission/Vision/Values. Advises on budgetary requirements of the operational areas within the organization. Obtains appropriate review and approval of administrative functions from the ED, President and Board of Directors.
Oversees the operations of the organization and the strategic plan.
Pres. Elect & ED
Facilitates the development and communication of strategic plan.
Collaborates with the President on strategic initiatives.
Evaluates and prioritizes initiatives.
Evaluates and guides the work of the operational VPs.
Identifies opportunities for business development.
Develops and fosters new relationships with relevant organizations to strive for stronger recognition of ASPR.
Advises ED on appropriate conference/exhibitor/speaking opportunities.
Mission, Vision, Values:
Provides leadership in the development of the organization's statement of vision, mission, and goals, and the corresponding strategies, plans, and budgets to achieve them.
Promotes collaboration with and among the organization's committees to address the membership needs.
General Responsibilities of all Board Members:
Adheres to all ASPR bylaws, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Prepares for all Board and Leadership meetings by thoroughly reviewing relevant materials in advance
Available to travel to Board and Leadership meetings as well as the Annual Conferences as required (including weekends).
- ASPR member in good standing within the Individual membership category
- Active committee participation for the 12 months prior to the “Call for Nomination” date
- ASPR member for a minimum of 3 years
- Served on the ASPR Board of Directors or as a Committee Chair
- Fellowship certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Strong communication skills and ability to travel to represent ASPR at conferences
- Minimum 5 years of physician recruitment & management experience
- Experience with development and implementation of strategic plans
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and current trends
Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of the ASPR Board of Directors.