July 30, 2013
ASPR Annual Conference: Still Time to Register
It’s not too late! You can still register for the 2013 ASPR Annual Conference. Don’t miss out on the only national conference focused specifically on the needs of in-house physician recruitment professionals. Over the last two months we’ve shared with you details on the many topics that will be presented in Tucson ranging from recruitment, onboarding, and retention to medical staff planning, compensation models, and healthcare reform. There is something for everyone, no matter how long you’ve been in the field.
Reserve your seat at the 2013 ASPR Annual Conference held August 10-14 at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
Download Registration Brochure
Register to Attend
New Conference Mobile App
ASPR is excited to present its first Annual Conference mobile app! Thank you to Assurgent Medical for sponsoring the mobile app. The app will offer you easy access to the conference schedule, speaker bios, attendee profiles, exhibitor lists, exhibit hall map, hotel map, and will allow for you to receive important alerts regarding conference events. You can also take notes on sessions within the app and edit your profile so your colleagues can contact you (please note vendors will also have access to this information).
There are a couple of ways to download the mobile app. You can open the following link on your mobile device browser (http://eventmobi.com/aspr2013) or you can scan the QR Code below:
After a few seconds you should see a small pop-up prompt where you can "add to home screen." This will install the app on your device. You can also bookmark the app on your computer so that you can easily access the agenda and other event-related information prior to the conference in one easy click.
Once you download the app, you can edit your Profile directly from the app by selecting “Attendees” and then selecting the “Add/Edit Profile” option at the top. Enter any information you want to share with others. Please note: Your email address will not be visible to others.
Watch a quick 2 minute intro to your app.
JASPR Feature: Getting Lean with Your Organization
Getting “lean” with your organization
By Joan Menard, Director of Physician Relations, Harrington HealthCare System, Southbridge, MA
It is likely that you’ve heard about “lean” by now — it’s being touted as the premier strategy for responding to the North American healthcare crisis. It’s synonymous with continuous improvement. There are many glaringly obvious clinical applications — but what about our world of physician recruitment? We often talk about ways that we, as physician recruitment professionals, can add value, and be viewed as serious contributors to workplace success. Lean is all about value — so it’s a great fit!
Read more in the Summer Issue of JASPR
Who Says You Shouldn’t Be a Follower?
This time it’s good to follow the crowd. Get social with ASPR! Like us, connect with us, tweet with us!
- “Like” us on Facebook for important ASPR status updates and keep an eye open for photos and updates from the upcoming Annual Conference in Tucson!
- Connect with us on LinkedIn to stay on top of what’s going on at ASPR and in the field of in-house physician recruitment.
- Tweet with us on Twitter @ASPR1990. The 1990 is in honor of the year we were founded. Going to Tucson? Tweet about your conference experience using #aspr2013.
- Text with us. Sign up to receive no more than two texts per month from ASPR with important reminders and information. Text ASPR to 313131.
ASPR will be tweeting and providing Facebook and LinkedIn updates from Tucson throughout the Annual Conference. If you’ll be in Tucson, post your pictures and your updates about what’s going on. Be sure to tag ASPR in your Facebook pictures! If you can’t make it to this year’s conference, follow us to stay abreast of all the happenings going on in Tucson. Follow us!
Past Webinars Available Free On Demand
You missed that ASPR Monthly Webinar that you really wanted to see? Don’t worry! You can view it on demand at any time. These free webinars are a cost effective and time efficient way to obtain continuing education to help you advance in your career. At work, at home, any time.
Taking advantage of these free webinars is like getting a free annual conference! At the 2013 Annual Conference you can attend 11 different presentations….with the free ASPR Monthly Webinars….you have access to 11 different presentations every year without even having to leave your office and even more are available on demand. Take advantage today!
Here is a list of the webinars currently available in the ASPR Webinar Archive:
- Integrating Physician Recruitment and Physician Relations
- ACOs: Taking an Organizational Approach that Makes Sense
- Using Metrics to Improve the Physician Recruitment Process
- How Physicians Search for Jobs
- Stand Out! Understanding what physicians are looking for and how to reach them
- Rural Recruitment and Retention – If it was Easy, They Wouldn’t Need Us
- First impressions are Lasting Impressions - Is Your Onboarding Program Leaving the Impression You Desire?
- Invest in Your Future – Keep the Physicians You Recruit
- Developing a Successful Physician Mentor Program
- The Doc Whisperer – the Art and Science of Engaging Physicians
- Looking at the Past to Predict the Future: Using Behavioral Interviewing to Find the Right Candidate Match
- Trends in Video Enabled Interviewing
- How to Succeed at the Most Complex Recruitments
- Knock, Knock, Knockin’ on Residency Program Doors
- Primary Care Practice Acquisition and Employment: Best Practices
- Building Your Professional Equity: How to get invited to the executive table
- Helping Physicians Become Great Leaders
- Our Fragile, Fragmented Physician Workforces: Trends for 2012 and Beyond.
- “Communication Magic”: How to Erase Conflicts and Confrontations in Recruitment—And in Your Life!
- Successful E-Mail & Direct Marketing Methods
- Value-Based Physician Compensation: Considerations in the Transition
- Antitrust 101
- Advancing Your Onboarding Efforts
- How to Recruit Physicians Using Social Media
- LEAN Recruiting: Successful Physician Search, for Less
Check out the Webinar Archive today!