August 6, 2013
New Conference Mobile App
ASPR is excited to present its first Annual Conference mobile app! Thank you to Assurgent Medical for sponsoring the mobile app. The app will offer you easy access to the conference schedule, speaker bios, attendee profiles, exhibitor lists, exhibit hall map, hotel map, and will allow for you to receive important alerts regarding conference events. You can also take notes on sessions within the app and edit your profile so your colleagues can contact you (please note vendors will also have access to this information).
There are a couple of ways to download the mobile app. You can open the following link on your mobile device browser (http://eventmobi.com/aspr2013) or you can scan the QR Code below:
After a few seconds you should see a small pop-up prompt where you can "add to home screen." This will install the app on your device. You can also bookmark the app on your computer so that you can easily access the agenda and other event-related information prior to the conference in one easy click.
Once you download the app, you can edit your Profile directly from the app by selecting “Attendees” and then selecting the “Add/Edit Profile” option at the top. Enter any information you want to share with others. Please note: Your email address will not be visible to others.
Watch a quick 2 minute intro to your app.
JASPR Feature: Physician Recruitment in a Post-Reform Era
By Laurie Pumper, ASPR Communication Director
Will the Affordable Care Act help with the shortage of physicians across the country? The looming shortage and mal-distribution of physicians in the US is well documented. The overall projected shortage of physicians across the US is expected to be 91,500 physicians (45,400 in primary care and 46,100 subspecialists) by 2020, growing to 130,600 by 2025. In addition, the number of physicians per 100,000 of population varies greatly by market, and it remains difficult to attract physicians to rural and payer-challenged urban markets, exacerbating shortages in those areas.
As if the macro shortage of physicians is not daunting enough, attracting physicians that can thrive in the post-reform environment is critical for hospitals and health systems. CMS (The Center for Medicare Services) has been clear on its three-part aim of “better care for individuals, better health for populations, and lower growth in expenditures.” In short, attracting the “right” physicians will become more difficult.
Read more in the Summer issue of JASPR
Physician Recruiter Job Board at Annual Conference: Post a Job – Find a Job
ASPR is offering a Physician Recruiter Job Board again at the 2013 Annual Conference. If you’re looking for a recruiter or are in the market for a new job, plan on stopping by the ASPR Physician Recruiter Job Board. Post a position or peruse opportunities. Arrange for a personal interview while you’re there!
The Job Board will be located next to the Registration desk in the Tucson Foyer of the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort. You may post a job in one of two ways; you may print your job description on a single sheet of paper and post it on the board yourself or you may email a one page document in advance of the meeting to Julie Cygan at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it for you. The second option is also available to those who will not be in attendance at the meeting.
REMEMBER! ASPR has an online job board as well where you can post positions or search opportunities for free. It is located on the lower right side of our home page. Check it out!
August Webinar: Setting up Successful Physician Employment Models – Effective Strategies for Employing and Retaining Physicians
Register today for this FREE webinar held August 28 at 1:00 PM EST. Can’t make it? View it later On Demand!
Speaker: Craig Fowler, Vice President of Training, Recruiting and Public Relations, Pinnacle Health Group
One of the most notable trends impacting physicians and those that help to recruit physicians, is the movement toward employment arrangements and away from income guarantees and private practice settings. To ensure alignment, healthcare executives and administrators must integrate effective strategies for employing and retaining physicians. This includes new contract considerations such as performance and quality based bonuses and flexible work schedules. The presentation will focus on how healthcare providers can optimize a physician employment structure that will suit their alignment goals and thus help them maximize productivity and market share.
During this educational program, participants will learn:
- How facilities can integrate effective strategies for employing and retaining physicians
- How healthcare providers can optimize physician employment structures to help maximize productivity and market share
- How facilities can implement contract models that encourage retention
- New contract considerations, such as – performance based incentives, quality based incentives and flexible work schedules
ASPR to Hire Communications and Marketing Coordinator
ASPR is excited to announce that we are hiring a Communications and Marketing Coordinator! The position job description is included below. This position will be based from a home office. Qualified applicants should email their CV and cover letter to Executive Director, Jennifer Metivier, MS, FASPR, at email@example.com by August 31, 2013. Please feel free to pass this information along to others that you think may be interested in this opportunity.
The Association of Staff Physician Recruiters (ASPR) Communications and Marketing Coordinator is a full time, exempt, salaried employee who reports to the Executive Director (ED). The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of ASPR communications and marketing plans including developing marketing strategies to promote the Association including writing and editing copy for marketing and communications; overseeing and coordinating advertising and articles from outside writers; identifying and developing new or improved communication tools, and fully deploying Web presence, social technologies, print, and other media vehicles.
Core responsibilities will include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the development and production of organizational communications including the Journal of ASPR, ASPR Weekly, ASPR Monthly, emails, social media, press releases, whitepapers, marketing materials, and other vehicles.
- Solicit content for communications in collaboration with ASPR ED, committees, staff, and consultants.
- Responsible for oversight, development, and production of the Journal of ASPR including identification of writers and articles, interviewing subject matter experts, writing articles, and editing all content in collaboration with ED, staff, and committees.
- Coordinate procurement of articles contributed by members, freelancers, and vendors, helping to ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate and edit Corporate Contributor Feature Articles ensuring deadlines are met and ensuring appropriate distribution of Feature Articles throughout the year.
- Conduct research via member surveys and monitor media sources for topics of interest to the Association or its members.
- Edit assigned communications utilizing the Chicago Manual of Style and ensuring ASPR messaging, tone, and style guidelines are met.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines, brand management guidelines, and the ASPR Style Guide.
- Provide insight and strategic input to the ED into the development and implementation of the organization’s marketing plan.
- Coordinate and implement all marketing efforts as assigned by collaborating with ED, staff, committees, and consultants.
- Prepare and distribute press releases and articles for healthcare and other publications highlighting organization events, news, and other relevant information.
- Maintain an active and appropriate presence on social media sites with relevant organizational and industry information.
- Responsible for creation of and implementation of email marketing campaigns (internal and external)
- Responsible for creation of and implementation of display advertising, digital marketing campaigns, and other means of web-based marketing.
- Responsible for creation of and implementation of marketing brochures and other collateral materials.
- Responsible for creation of and implementation of print advertising when appropriate.
- Review and ensure website content is up to date and accurate including assistance with the maintenance of the Resource Library.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of marketing videos and other initiatives as needed.
- Collaborate with vendors to market ASPR events and news via in-kind opportunities.
- Manage Journal and online advertisers including solicitation of new advertisers, customer service and communication with existing advertisers, and procurement and editing of advertisements.
- Serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external colleagues.
- Support and actively build an organizational culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds member expectations.
- Work successfully both within the team and independently to ensure decisions are made to further the organization's goals and to manage production requirements.
- Respond positively to unexpected demands and changing priorities.
- Participate on and attend all Committee meetings conducting administrative duties including taking minutes as assigned by the ED.
- Assist in developing the Communications & Marketing portion of the budget and administers approved budget.
- Undertake special projects and participates on staff project teams, as assigned by ED.
- Assist with annual conference and special events, as assigned by ED.
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned by ED.
- Requires progressively responsible professional writing/editing and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and successfully executing communications and marketing strategies and a thorough working knowledge of communication and marketing principles.
- Demonstrated experience writing/developing content for print publications, email campaigns, newsletters, press releases, social media, whitepapers and/or other marketing materials.
- Proven expertise in writing and editing as well as adhering to style guides and Web usability guidelines.
- Experience interviewing subject matter experts and transferring information obtained into whitepapers or articles.
- Experience and working knowledge of social media technology and proven judgment in content delivery.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and other web-based marketing is desirable.
- Experience writing on healthcare related issues is desirable.
- Requires a Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience; preferably in the field of journalism, communications, marketing, or related discipline.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of computer programs including Basic Microsoft Office platform.
- Computer literacy with desk-top publishing software (Photoshop, InDesign), the Internet, digital media campaigns, and in website maintenance is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and act in a proactive manner whenever possible; self-motivated and ability to focus independently.
- Demonstrated time and project management skills with strong ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and coordinate tasks in a flexible manner, responding positively to unexpected projects or changing priorities.
- Ability to produce high-quality completed written work on deadline in a reasonably independent fashion.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while remaining responsible and accountable for results.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with staff, Board/Committee Members, the media, other Associations/Institutions and other Associations contacts.
- Availability to work flexible/extended hours to accommodate Board/Committee meetings as may be required, attend conference/trade shows and/or other special events, and/or attend to media issues/deadlines.
- Experience working with professional associations, volunteer organizations, or physician recruitment is a plus.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by emailing their CV and cover letter to ASPR Executive Director, Jennifer Metivier, MS, FASPR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View ASPR Weekly Archive