October 8, 2013
2013 Benchmarking Report Highlights
As the largest survey of its kind with data from nearly 5,000 searches, the 2013 ASPR Benchmarking Report provides mission-critical recruitment data to help refine processes and improve planning to meet the increasingly competitive demand for top provider talent.
This report provides access to key national and regional benchmarking data on:
- Percentage of searches filled
- Time to fill by specialty
- Most challenging searches
- Interview-to-hire ratios
- Number of searches per recruiter
- Annual recruitment budgets
- And more!
Access the 2013 Benchmarking Report Executive Summary
Access or Purchase the 2013 Benchmarking Report and Searchable Data
Congratulations to New ASPR Fellows
Congratulations to the following ASPR members for recently becoming certified as Fellows of ASPR (FASPRs)!
- Aisha DeBerry, MCV Physicians, Richmond, VA
- Jessica Hall, SMGSMG, Mount Vernon, IL
- Katherine Harris, Mayo Clinic Health System - Phoenix AZ, Phoenix, AZ
- Nimet Jackson, Essentia Health, Duluth, MN
- Sandy Jones, Kettering Health Network, Kettering, OH
- Carol Koetting-Freeman, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Stacy Pedersen, Mercy Iowa City, Iowa City, IA
- Eric Snipes, Department of Veterans Affairs, Vallejo, CA
- Karla Southworth, Essentia Health, Duluth, MN
- Adam Tabor, Mission Health System, Asheville, NC
As a certified Fellow of ASPR (FASPR), you demonstrate to peers, employers, and physicians your commitment to continuing education and excellence in the discipline of physician recruitment.
Are you interested in becoming certified as a FASPR? ASPR’s Fellowship Program is the most comprehensive, authoritative resource for individuals seeking to develop and test their skills and knowledge within a broad spectrum of topics including physician/provider recruitment, onboarding and retention, human resources, and relevant legal issues.
Whether you are new to in-house physician recruitment or a seasoned veteran, there’s tremendous value in attaining Fellowship certification. We’ll provide an in-depth view of recruiting basics such as sourcing, screening, and interviewing, as well as delve deeply into more advanced topics such as interpreting benchmarking metrics and understanding/ implementing medical staff development plans. This cost effective and affordable program provides invaluable first-hand information taught by experienced experts and provides you with resources, best practices, and cutting edge training specific to in-house physician recruitment professionals.
Annual Conference Moving to May in 2015 – Budget Implications
The next ASPR Annual Conference will be held in Minneapolis, MN August 23-27, 2014. Last fall, the ASPR Board of Directors announced a move of the Annual Conference from August to May beginning in 2015. This date change may have some budget implications for those of you on a fiscal year of July 1 to June 30 as there will be two Annual Conferences during that time period. If you are able to attend the ASPR Annual Conference on an annual basis, please keep this information in mind as you develop your budget for the 2014 fiscal year. We look forward to seeing you in Minneapolis!
Future Conference Locations and Dates:
- Minneapolis, MN – August 23-27, 2014
- Orlando, FL – May 16-20, 2015
- New Orleans, LA – May 14-18, 2016
Who Says You Shouldn’t Be a Follower?
This time it’s good to follow the crowd. Get social with ASPR! Like us, connect with us, tweet with us!
- “Like” us on Facebook for important ASPR status updates and keep an eye open for photos and updates from the upcoming Annual Conference in Tucson!
- Connect with us on LinkedIn to stay on top of what’s going on at ASPR and in the field of in-house physician recruitment.
- Tweet with us on Twitter @ASPR1990. The 1990 is in honor of the year we were founded.
- Text with us. Sign up to receive no more than two texts per month from ASPR with important reminders and information. Text ASPR to 313131.
ASPR will be tweeting and providing Facebook and LinkedIn updates from Tucson throughout the Annual Conference. If you’ll be in Tucson, post your pictures and your updates about what’s going on. Be sure to tag ASPR in your Facebook pictures! If you can’t make it to this year’s conference, follow us to stay abreast of all the happenings going on in Tucson. Follow us!
Reminder – ASPR Membership Dues Increase Effective January 1, 2014
ASPR is proud to offer its members a broad array of high quality professional and educational benefits. In order to continue to provide our members with these benefits and to cover our increasing administrative costs, the ASPR Board of Directors has approved an annual dues increase of $25. The dues increase will take effect on January 1, 2014 bringing annual dues to $275. Your membership renewal will continue to be on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year, so the increase will affect you at your individual time of membership renewal in 2014.
The ASPR Board of Directors makes every effort to remain fiscally responsible and to maintain low costs for membership. The Board has been able to keep annual dues constant over the last several years, but has determined that an increase at this time is necessary to be able to continue to bring you all of the benefits that you deserve.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. We thank you for your continued membership and look forward to a great year in 2014!
View ASPR Weekly Archive