October 15, 2013
Fellowship Certification – 101 Available Via On Demand Webinar Series
The Fellowship Certification Program’s Physician Recruitment 101 is available again via an on demand webinar series! The Committee has been extremely busy for over the past year updating the Fellowship exams and presentations. The webinars also required some updates based on new exam content and the 101 webinar series is now available again. The 201 module will be available as a webinar series later this fall with 301 following shortly thereafter. All three modules will continue to be offered live at the Annual Conferences.
The ASPR Fellowship Certification program is the most comprehensive, authoritative resource for individuals seeking to develop and test their skills and knowledge within the field of in-house physician recruitment. Whether you are new to in-house physician recruitment or a seasoned veteran, there’s tremendous value in attaining Fellowship certification.
The program consists of three modules and three corresponding exams. Once you’ve passed all three exams, you become certified as a Fellow of ASPR (FASPR). As a FASPR, you demonstrate to peers, employers, and physicians your commitment to continuing education and excellence in the discipline of physician recruitment.
Learn more about Fellowship Certification
New Resource Library Committee – Volunteers Needed
We are calling for volunteers to participate in the new ASPR Resource Library Committee. Responsibilities include assisting in updating and revamping our current resource library; monitoring the chat and other news outlets for new resources, attending monthly or bi-monthly conference call meetings, etc. Interested? Please contact either AYMEE.QUINN@asante.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly Webinars Available Free On Demand
You missed that ASPR Monthly Webinar that you really wanted to see? Don’t worry! You can view it on demand at any time. These free webinars are a cost effective and time efficient way to obtain continuing education to help you advance in your career. At work, at home, any time.
Here is a list of the webinars currently available in the ASPR Webinar Archive:
- Integrating Physician Recruitment and Physician Relations
- ACOs: Taking an Organizational Approach that Makes Sense
- Using Metrics to Improve the Physician Recruitment Process
- How Physicians Search for Jobs
- Stand Out! Understanding what physicians are looking for and how to reach them
- Rural Recruitment and Retention – If it was Easy, They Wouldn’t Need Us
- First impressions are Lasting Impressions - Is Your Onboarding Program Leaving the Impression You Desire?
- Invest in Your Future – Keep the Physicians You Recruit
- Developing a Successful Physician Mentor Program
- The Doc Whisperer – the Art and Science of Engaging Physicians
- Looking at the Past to Predict the Future: Using behavioral interviewing to find the right candidate match.
- Trends in Video Enabled Interviewing
- How to succeed at the most complex recruitments
- Knock, Knock, Knockin’ on Residency Program Doors
- Primary Care Practice Acquisition and Employment: Best Practices
- Building Your Professional Equity: How to get invited to the executive table
- Helping Physicians Become Great Leaders
- Our Fragile, Fragmented Physician Workforces: Trends for 2012 and Beyond.
- “Communication Magic”: How to Erase Conflicts and Confrontations in Recruitment—And in Your Life!
- Successful E-Mail & Direct Marketing Methods
- Value-Based Physician Compensation: Considerations in the Transition
- Antitrust 101
- Advancing Your Onboarding Efforts
- How to Recruit Physicians Using Social Media
- LEAN Recruiting: Successful Physician Search, for Less
- Setting up Successful Physician Employment Models
- Move Over GenX Physicians, Make Room for GenY!
Access the ASPR Webinar Archive
Want to Develop Your Leadership Skills?
The ASPR Volunteer Development Program is designed to help match members to volunteer opportunities and to provide professional development resources to members to prepare them for leadership roles within their organization, ASPR, and our industry.
ASPR’s Volunteer Development Portal is a place where you can volunteer for projects that fit your interests, expertise, and schedule. You will also find a wealth of information to help you develop your leadership skills to help you excel as a leader in your organization, in ASPR, and in the physician recruitment and retention industry.
Check out the Volunteer Opportunities job board to see what short term and long term projects are available that you might be interested in getting involved with. Add your name to the Volunteer Match database and tell us what your interests and skills sets are so that we can contact you if a new opportunity arises that matches what you’re looking for. Visit the Professional Development Resources section to get suggestions on books to read, webinars to watch, and other resources to help you further your professional development.
Here is a peak at what the Volunteer Development Portal looks like:
You can find the Volunteer Development Portal in the Member Resources section of the ASPR website. We invite you to check it out today!
October Webinar – Understanding Physician Credentialing, Compliance and Screening
Register today for this FREE webinar held October 30 at 1:00 PM EST. Can’t make it? View it later On Demand!
Speaker: Raymond Jacobs, Chief Innovation Officer, Verisys Corporation
This webinar will provide attendees with a comprehensive overview of credentialing, background screening and compliance as it relates to vetting a physician for employment or appointment. Details include best practices pertaining to: scope of services available, methods and techniques, how information should be sourced and how to evaluate and manage after due diligence has been completed.
- Understand Nomenclature
- Understand Credentialing: (scope of available services, techniques, sources, best practice, NCQA, URAC)
- Understand Standards as set by Joint Commission, HFAP, DNV
- Understand Non-Clinical Screening (criminal and civil)
View ASPR Weekly Archive