October 22, 2013
Free On-Demand Tracking Tool to Capture Your Search Data
A new On-Demand Tracking Tool is now available to collect your search data on a year-round basis. The tool will allow you to enter all of your searches and continue to edit them throughout the year. You will have the ability to generate reports for your administration on all of your search activity. The On-Demand Tracking Tool will allow you to export your data at any time to show how many candidates you’ve received, interviews conducted, offers made, and acceptances for each of your searches. As an added benefit, when the next Benchmarking Survey opens you will be able to conveniently upload all of the search data directly into the survey with very little time or effort.
How to Access the On-Demand Tracking Tool:
The On-Demand Tracking Tool is located in the ASPR Benchmarking Portal. If you have not already created a username and password you will need to do so (note these may be different from your ASPR username and password).
Once you log in for the first time you will be required to provide your contact information. After this step and for subsequent logins, you will see that the ASPR Benchmarking Portal offers three options:
- On-Demand Tracking
- Access Reports & Searchable Data (for previous surveys you have participated in or purchased)
- Participate in the Survey (available only during survey months)
How to Use the On-Demand Tracking Tool:
Select the On-Demand Tracking option to begin and then select “Add Search” to complete the requested data for each search you conduct throughout the year. You have the ability to edit each search so you can update them later as your search efforts progress.
You will have the ability to print or export the data to excel at any time for all of the searches you have entered. When it is time for the next Benchmarking Survey cycle to begin, you will be able to easily and quickly upload the search data directly into the survey. A webinar will be available soon to walk you through this process, so keep your eyes peeled.
What Data is Collected?
A list of search questions included in the On-Demand Tracking Tool can be found on pages 2-4 in the ASPR Benchmarking Survey Questions document.
Get started tracking your search data today. Generate valuable reports for your administration. Save yourself time and effort during the next Benchmarking Survey. Let’s get tracking!
Access the On-Demand Tracking Tool
Learn more about the ASPR Benchmarking Survey
Tips on How to Prepare for Fellowship Exams
You’ve attended one of the Fellowship Certification Program modules and now you’d like to take the exam. Are you ready? Do you know what to expect? What do you need to do to register and prepare for the exams? Here are a few things you should know about the exams to help you prepare.
Things to Know:
- You must be a current ASPR Member in order to take a Fellowship Exam (you must also be a current member to utilize the Associate, Diplomate, or Fellow designations).
- You do not need to take the module in order to take the associated exam; however it is highly recommended.
- If you take the exam without taking the module and do not pass the exam, you will be required to take the module before re-taking the exam.
- You don’t need to take the exams in sequence, though that is helpful to do so as each module builds upon the previous one.
- Once you pass the 101 exam, you receive the Associate of ASPR (AASPR) designation.
- Once you pass both 101 and 201 exams, you receive the Diplomate of ASPR (DASPR) designation.
- After passing the 101, 201, and 301 exams, you become CERTIFIED as a Fellow of ASPR (FASPR).
- When you pass an exam, a certificate for the appropriate designation (Associate, Diplomate, or Fellow) may be downloaded from your “My ASPR” profile.
- Fellowship Certification is good for three years; recertification is required at the three year mark.
- Recertification is obtained by achieving 24 continuing education credits over the three year period or by passing all three exams again if CE’s have not been maintained (a $25 fee is also required). It’s easy to obtain 8 credits per year by attending ASPR webinars at no charge!
Tips on Exam Preparation:
- It is recommended that you take your exam as soon as possible after attending the module.
- It is recommended that you prepare for the exams utilizing all of the materials provided to you in the module. This includes the presentation materials, supporting documents, and any other resources available on the relevant topics.
- Your presentation materials will provide you with the bulk of what you’ll need to study to prepare for the exam.
- You must register for an exam by completing the online application form.
- Once you are registered, a unique username and password for the exam will be forwarded to you by email by the next business day (you will not have immediate access to the exam, so please plan accordingly).
- If you have taken the associated module for this exam within the last 12 months, your examination fee is included in the cost of the module.
- If you have not taken the module or it has been more than 12 months since you took the module, the cost of the exam is $100.
- You may re-take an exam as many times as needed, though there will be a $100 fee per exam applied.
- The exams are online and can be taken at any time once you receive your username and password.
- The exams presently include 100 multiple choice questions.
- You will have 120 minutes to take the exam.
- You may mark questions in order to return to them later if you desire.
- You will receive your results immediately following the exam.
Good luck on your exams!
Learn more about becoming Certified as a Fellow of ASPR!
My ASPR Profile – Is Yours Up to Date?
Have you updated your member profile in your “My ASPR” lately? Update your “My ASPR” profile in the Member Resources section of the website at www.aspr.org. Select the “View/Edit Profile” option to provide all relevant updates. Be sure to update your REGION which is located just underneath your email address – this will ensure that when physicians search for you in the member directory by region that you will show up in their search.
Remember that all of your Continuing Education credits are tracked in the Professional Development section of your Profile. All ASPR webinars and conferences that you’ve attended are automatically posted to your Professional Development Portal. You can also upload other Continuing Education credits. Only credits provided by an approved organization may be utilized towards Fellowship recertification.
Stay Informed – Register to Receive ASPR Texts
ASPR is now offering a texting service to provide no more than two texts per month to remind members about important information and deadlines as well as suggestions on how to utilize their ASPR member benefits to their fullest. Consider opting in today! Register in one of the following ways:
- Text “ASPR” to 313131
- Sign up on the “Widget”
- Scan the QR code below which will automatically draft a text for you to simply send.
Annual Conference Call for Presentations – Opens Next Week
Keep your eyes open for the 2014 Annual Conference Call for Presentations. The Call for Presentations will open on October 29th. The Education Committee hopes to receive many proposals from our members, so please take a moment to think about what you could present to your colleagues to provide them with strategies, practical tips, and tools for improving processes and operations within the physician recruitment profession. ASPR Members who present will receive a FREE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION and a $500 stipend.
Proposals must be submitted online via the ASPR website by Friday, December 6, 2013. Please feel free to contact ASPR Executive Director, Jennifer Metivier, FASPR, with any questions at email@example.com.
View ASPR Weekly Archive