All Monthly Webinars Available Free On Demand
Don’t worry if you missed the latest ASPR Monthly Webinar — you can view it on demand at any time! ASPR offers more than 55 free online webinars to members. These are a cost effective and time efficient way to obtain continuing education to help you advance your career. Check out a webinar you missed or review one you saw live to go back over key points covered during the live session. View them at work…at home…any time.
Here are just some of the webinars currently available in the ASPR Webinar Archive:
- Rural America: The Race to Recruit Physicians
- Stress Less! Know How!
- Fit Happens: How to Build the Culture You Need to Recruit and Retain Physicians
- Pay for Performance — Impact on Hiring for Quality
- Benchmarking Survey — New Searchable Results Portal
- Coaching for Successful Interviews
- Screening Candidates and the Law
- What’s in Your Sourcing Toolbox?
- Diversity, Inclusion & You: Understanding Your Role in this Strategic Initiative
- Understanding Physician Credentialing, Compliance and Screening
- Move Over Gen X Physicians, Make Room for Gen Y!
- Setting up Successful Physician Employment Models
- LEAN Recruiting: Successful Physician Search, for Less
- Advancing Your Onboarding Efforts
- How to Recruit Physicians Using Social Media
- Value-Based Physician Compensation: Considerations in the Transition
- Antitrust 101
- Successful Email & Direct Marketing Methods
- Communication Magic: How to Erase Conflicts and Confrontations in Recruitment — and in Your Life!
Access the ASPR Webinar Archive
Congratulations to ASPR’S Newest Fellows!
Congratulations to the following ASPR members for recently becoming certified as Fellows of ASPR (FASPRs)!
- Deborah Bombulie from McKesson Specialty Health in The Woodlands, Texas
- Tricia LaFratta from Aurora Health Care in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Mary Langenstein from HCA Physician Services in Brentwood, Tennessee
- Lesley O’Connell from BayCare Clinic in Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Katie Terranova from HCA Physician Services in Brentwood, Tennessee
As a certified Fellow of ASPR (FASPR), you demonstrate to peers, employers and physicians your commitment to continuing education and excellence in the discipline of physician recruitment.
Are you interested in becoming certified as a FASPR? ASPR’s Fellowship Program is the most comprehensive, authoritative resource for individuals seeking to develop and test their skills and knowledge within a broad spectrum of topics including physician/provider recruitment, onboarding and retention, human resources and relevant legal issues.
Whether you are new to in-house physician recruitment or a seasoned veteran, there’s tremendous value in attaining Fellowship certification. We’ll provide an in-depth view of recruiting basics such as sourcing, screening and interviewing, as well as delve deeply into more advanced topics such as interpreting benchmarking metrics and understanding/ implementing medical staff development plans. This cost effective and affordable program provides invaluable firsthand information taught by experienced experts and provides you with resources, best practices, and cutting edge training specific to in-house physician recruitment professionals.
Resource Library Featured Content: Helpful Websites
Do you often find yourself surfing the web for places to post jobs for a new opening? Or combing through document after document to learn how to handle the sponsorship for an H1-B visa holder? You may be able to save yourself a lot of time if you visit the ASPR Resource Library
Some of the resources you’ll find links for include:
- Background checks
- Medical association boards
- Social media
- And more!
Reminder: FASPR Recertification Requirements
As a Fellow of the Association of Staff Physician Recruiters (FASPR), it is important to demonstrate continued commitment to education and advancement in the physician recruitment profession. In an effort to ensure that FASPRs maintain an appropriate level of education commensurate with the FASPR designation, ASPR has developed FASPR recertification requirements.
For anyone certified after Jan. 1, 2012, FASPR certification will be valid for three years from the date of certification. Recertification will be required within three months of the FASPR expiration date. FASPRs who obtained certification prior to Jan. 1, 2012 will have three years to obtain their recertification requirements and must meet recertification requirements by Jan. 1, 2015. The following criteria must be met in order to obtain FASPR Recertification:
- Must be a current ASPR Member in good standing
- Obtain a minimum of 24 CEUs over the three year period since most recent FASPR certification
- If 24 CEUS are not obtained, recertification may also be obtained by re-taking and passing all three fellowship exams
- Requirements must be met within three months of FASPR expiration
If these criteria are met, you will receive a new FASPR Certificate upon your recertification. Once you have re-certified three times, you will receive a Lifetime Certification and will not be required to re-certify again.
Learn more about eligible CEUs, the recertification application process, and FAQs on the ASPR website: