October 21, 2014
2015 ASPR Annual Conference Sneak Peek – Orlando, Florida
The 2015 ASPR Annual Conference will be held in Orlando, Florida, from May 16-20 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando. Conveniently situated in the center of International Drive, Hyatt Regency Orlando brings you within minutes of world-famous theme parks while allowing you to escape in upscale accommodations. You’ll love the central Florida location near Orlando International Airport, SeaWorld® Orlando, and Universal Orlando Resort®. The hotel offers many guest amenities including a full service spa, three pools, tennis courts, bicycle rentals, on-site dining with 24-hour service, a fitness center and more.
The Fellowship Certification programs will be offered Saturday and Sunday and the main conference sessions will be held Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. New for 2015, ASPR will be offering in-depth sessions where you will gain a greater understanding of the industry’s hottest topics. In these longer sessions, you will have time to share best practices with expert presenters and your ASPR colleagues.
Check out our 2015 preview video for a peek at what is in store as ASPR plans to celebrate its 25th anniversary in grand style.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!
The annual conference brochure will become available and registration will open in February 2015. Stay tuned for more updates and sneak peeks in the ASPR Weekly!
Member Referral Program Winner
Did you know ASPR has a member referral program? You can win cash for telling your colleagues about us!
Two $100.00 cash prizes are up for grabs each quarter – one prize is awarded to an ASPR member and one to an ASPR vendor. The winner for referrals made between July 1 and Sept. 30 is Kathy Sadler-Coccia, BayCare Medical Group, Tampa, Florida. Congratulations, Kathy!
(Note: There is no vendor winner for this time period.)
Members or vendors who refer a member will only be eligible in the quarter during which the new member joins. For every new member you refer in a quarter, you will receive one entry into the quarterly drawing. Multiple entries per quarter will be allowed if multiple referrals have been made – refer 10 new members, get entered to win 10 times! Entries will only be tracked quarterly and will not carry-over from one quarter to another. To be eligible, the new member must list the referring member’s name on the membership application when joining.
Drawings will occur according to the following schedule:
Referrals from Jan. 1 to March 31 - drawing on or about April 10
Referrals from April 1 to June 30 - drawing on or about July 10
Referrals from July 1 to Sept. 30 - drawing on or about Oct. 10
Referrals from Sept. 1 to Dec. 31 - drawing on or about Jan. 10
Refer someone to ASPR today - and every day - and make sure your name is entered in our quarterly drawing for a chance to win! Thank you for your referrals!
Tips to Prepare for Your Fellowship Exam
You’ve attended one of the Fellowship Certification Program modules and now you’d like to take the exam. Are you ready? Do you know what to expect? How do you register and prepare for the exams? Here are a few things you should know about the exams to help you prepare.
Things to Know:
- You must be a current ASPR Member in order to take a Fellowship Exam (you must also be a current member to utilize the Associate, Diplomate or Fellow designations).
- You do not need to take the module in order to take the associated exam; however it is highly recommended.
- If you take the exam without taking the module and do not pass the exam, you will be required to take the module before re-taking the exam.
- You don’t need to take the exams in sequence, though that is helpful to do so as each module builds upon the previous one.
- Once you pass the 101 exam, you receive the Associate of ASPR (AASPR) designation.
- Once you pass both 101 and 201 exams, you receive the Diplomate of ASPR (DASPR) designation.
- After passing the 101, 201 and 301 exams, you become CERTIFIED as a Fellow of ASPR (FASPR).
- When you pass an exam, a certificate for the appropriate designation (Associate, Diplomate or Fellow) may be downloaded from your "My ASPR” profile.
- Fellowship Certification is good for three years. Recertification is required at the three year mark.
- Recertification is obtained by achieving 24 continuing education credits over the three year period or by passing all three exams again if CE’s have not been maintained (a $25 fee is also required).
Tips on Exam Preparation:
- It is recommended that you take your exam as soon as possible after attending the module.
- It is recommended that you prepare for the exams utilizing all of the materials provided to you in the module. This includes the presentation materials, supporting documents, and any other resources available on the relevant topics.
- Your presentation materials will provide you with the bulk of what you’ll need to study to prepare for the exam.
- You must register for an exam by completing the online application form.
- Once you are registered, a unique username and password for the exam will be forwarded to you by email by the next business day (you will not have immediate access to the exam, so please plan accordingly).
- If you have taken the associated module for this exam within the last 12 months, your examination fee is included in the cost of the module.
- If you have not taken the module or it has been more than 12 months since you took the module, the cost of the exam is $100.
- You may re-take an exam as many times as needed, though there will be a $100 fee per exam applied.
- The exams are online and can be taken at any time once you receive your username and password.
- The exams presently include 100 multiple choice questions.
- You will have 120 minutes to take the exam.
- You may mark questions in order to return to them later if you desire.
- You will receive your results immediately following the exam.
Good luck on your exams!
Learn more about becoming Certified as a Fellow of ASPR!
Webinar Tomorrow: Incorporating Telemedicine into Your Recruitment Plan
It’s not too late to register for tomorrow’s webinar!
Date: Oct. 22, 2014
Time: 10 a.m. PT / Noon CT / 1 p.m. ET
Presenter: Crystal Peterson, Director, Physician Recruitment, Specialists On Call, Inc.
Telemedicine is fast becoming an important part of patient care in healthcare organizations across the country. It’s not limited to radiology coverage anymore! There are a variety of settings and physician specialties in which telemedicine may be utilized, all of which can have a critical impact on an organization’s medical staff development plan. This webinar will review how telemedicine can be integrated into your recruitment plan to address physician shortages, improve physician satisfaction among your current medical staff, and potentially provide additional income to your organization.
The presenter will review various telemedicine options including utilizing physicians within your own organization to provide services to outlying clinics as well as working with outside partners to provide needed services. Attendees will learn how to address malpractice insurance, credentialing/licensing, technology issues, and other critical items needed to implement telemedicine services within their organizations. The session will also provide tips on getting current medical staff buy in and acceptance of telemedicine. Whether you are at the provider or receiving end of telemedicine, this webinar will provide valuable information to prepare you to integrate this technology into your recruitment plan.
View ASPR Weekly Archive