ASPR Membership Eligibility
All individuals seeking membership in ASPR are required to complete and submit an ASPR Membership application. Membership status is contingent upon approval by the Board, Membership Committee or their designee. If you have any questions regarding membership with ASPR, feel free to contact us at 1-800-830-ASPR (2777).
Employees from third-party search firms or who are affiliated with a third-party search firm are not eligible for ASPR membership, however they are eligible to become an ASPR Corporate Contributor. ASPR reserves the right to deny membership to those who do not meet the eligibility criteria.
ASPR Membership shall be open to:
- Individuals who are engaged in the recruitment, onboarding, and/or retention of physicians and other healthcare providers and who are employed to do so by a hospital, hospital organization, clinic, medical group, health maintenance organization, academic medical centers, or state or federal governmental agency
- Independent contractors and self-employed recruiters who are contracted directly to recruit for a single healthcare organization that employs physicians.
- Recruiters whose organization directly employs physicians and are contracted to staff other healthcare organizations with specific specialties (e.g. Emergency Medicine or Hospitalist).
- Individuals who do not actively recruit, but are directly involved in the recruitment, onboarding, and/or retention process, have supervisory responsibilities for in-house physician recruiters or are actively engaged in physician education through residency or fellowship programs (such as healthcare executives, residency directors and coordinators).
ASPR Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Per the ASPR Bylaws, no dues will be refunded once approved for membership.
- Payment is taken upon membership application.
- Persons determined to be ineligible will be refunded the full amount paid less a $25 processing fee.
- Memberships are not transferable to another individual. If a member changes employers, it is their responsibility to notify ASPR. Their membership is maintained so long as the member continues to meet eligibility.