You’ve attended one of the Fellowship Certification Program modules and now you’d like to take the exam. Are you ready? Do you know what to expect? What do you need to do to register and prepare for the exams? Here are a few things you should know about the exams to help you prepare.
Things to Know:
- You must be a current ASPR Member in order to take a Fellowship Exam (you must also be a current member to utilize the Associate, Diplomate, or Fellow designations).
- You do not need to take the module in order to take the associated exam; however it is highly recommended.
- If you take the exam without taking the module and do not pass the exam, you will be required to take the module before re-taking the exam.
- You don’t need to take the exams in sequence, though that is helpful to do so as each module builds upon the previous one.
- Once you pass the 101 exam, you receive the Associate of ASPR (AASPR) designation.
- Once you pass both 101 and 201 exams, you receive the Diplomate of ASPR (DASPR) designation.
- After passing the 101, 201, and 301 exams, you become CERTIFIED as a Fellow of ASPR (FASPR).
- When you pass an exam, a certificate for the appropriate designation (Associate, Diplomate, or Fellow) may be downloaded from your "My ASPR” profile.
- Fellowship Certification is good for three years; recertification is required at the three year mark.
- Recertification is obtained by achieving 24 continuing education credits over the three year period or by passing all three exams again if CE’s have not been maintained (a $25 fee is required for recertification application and certificate). It’s easy to obtain 8 credits per year by attending ASPR webinars at no charge!
Tips on Exam Preparation:
- You must register for an exam by completing the online application form.
- Once you are registered, a unique username and password for the exam will be forwarded to you by email by the next business day (you will not have immediate access to the exam, so please plan accordingly).
- If you have taken the associated module for this exam within the last 12 months, your examination fee is included in the cost of the module.
- If you have not taken the module or it has been more than 12 months since you took the module, the cost of the exam is $100.
- You may re-take an exam as many times as needed, though there will be a $100 fee per exam applied.
- The exams are online and can be taken at any time once you receive your username and password.
- The exams presently include 100 multiple choice questions.
- You will have 120 minutes to take the exam.
- You may mark questions in order to return to them later if you desire.
- You will receive your results immediately following the exam.
Good luck on your exams!