July 31, 2012
Annual Conference – Two Weeks Left to Register
It’s not too late! You can still register for the 2012 ASPR Annual Conference Don’t miss out on the only national conference focused on the needs of in-house physician recruitment professionals. Over the last two months we’ve shared with you details on the many topics that will be presented in Los Angeles ranging from recruitment, onboarding, and retention to medical staff planning, compensation models, and healthcare reform. There is something for everyone, no matter how long you’ve been in the field.
Listen to a podcast on the Top Five Reasons to Get Excited for ASPR’s Annual Conference.
Download the Annual Conference brochure and register today for the 2012 ASPR Annual Conference! It’s only a few weeks away and we’d like to see YOU in LA!
Summer Issue of JASPR Now Available
The Journal Committee is pleased to announce that the Summer issue of JASPR is now available online. Read the entire issue online or download a PDF. Here are some highlights from this issue:
The Journal Committee is always looking for new articles and topic ideas. If you would like to submit an article or idea for JASPR, please contact one of the JASPR editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Says You Shouldn’t Be a Follower?
This time it’s good to follow the crowd. Get social with ASPR! Like us, connect with us, tweet with us!
- “Like” us on Facebook for important ASPR status updates and keep an eye open for photos and updates from the upcoming Annual Conference in LA!
- Connect with us on LinkedIn to stay on top of what’s going on at ASPR and in the field of in-house physician recruitment.
- Tweet with us on Twitter (@ASPR1990). The 1990 is in honor of the year we were founded. Going to LA? Tweet about your conference experience using #aspr.
ASPR will be tweeting and providing Facebook and LinkedIn updates from Los Angeles throughout the Annual Conference. If you’ll be in LA, post your pictures and your updates about what’s going on. Be sure to tag ASPR in your Facebook pictures! If you can’t make it to this year’s conference, follow us to stay abreast of all the happenings going on in LA. Follow us!
Past Webinars Available Free On-Demand – Get CE Credit
You missed that ASPR Monthly Webinar that you really wanted to see? Don’t worry! You can view it on demand at any time. These free webinars are a cost effective and time efficient way to obtain continuing education to help you advance in your career. At work, at home, any time.
Taking advantage of these free webinars is like getting a free annual conference! At the 2012 Annual Conference you could attend 10 different presentations; with the free ASPR Monthly Webinars, you have access to 11 different presentations every year without even having to leave your office. Take advantage today!
Here is a list of the 13 webinars currently available in the ASPR Webinar Archive:
- Integrating Physician Recruitment and Physician Relations
- ACOs: Taking an Organizational Approach that Makes Sense
- Using Metrics to Improve the Physician Recruitment Process
- How Physicians Search for Jobs
- Stand Out! Understanding what physicians are looking for and how to reach them
- Rural Recruitment and Retention – If it was Easy, They Wouldn’t Need Us
- First impressions are Lasting Impressions - Is Your Onboarding Program Leaving the Impression You Desire?
- Invest in Your Future – Keep the Physicians You Recruit
- Developing a Successful Physician Mentor Program
- The Doc Whisperer – the Art and Science of Engaging Physicians
- Looking at the Past to Predict the Future: Using Behavioral Interviewing to Find the Right Candidate Match
- Trends in Video Enabled Interviewing
- How to Succeed at the Most Complex Recruitments
Visit the ASPR Webinar Archive
August Webinar - Knock, Knock, Knockin’ on Residency Doors
Date: August 29, 2012
Time: 10:00 am PT / 12:00 pm CT / 1:00 pm ET
Presenters: Eleanor Callanan, MBA, Director, Provider Recruitment & Retention, Arnot Health and Jennifer Kambies, MBA, Director, Special Initiatives, Office of Physician Recruitment, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Cost: Members/Free; Non-members/$99
1.5 hours CE credit
Details and Online Registration
Having trouble breaking into residency programs? Wonder how others have been successful in gaining opportunities to present to residents and fellows? What should you do once you do gain access to the programs? This panel discussion will provide you with tips and ideas on how to develop relationships with your regional training programs. The panelists will offer recommendations on the types of value added programs and activities you can offer residency directors and coordinators to help them do their jobs. Learn how to dole out the educational content to keep them coming back to you for more. Once you have your foot in the door, opportunities for on-going dialogue abound!
View ASPR Weekly Archive